The audio from your radio and intercom is fed to the headset via the avee add-on., and the headsets receives the audio from the avee add-on via the 2.5/3.5mm connector. The avee concept is based on a perfect connection between the headset and the Avee microphone add-on. If this is not the case, it can lead to speaker audio drop outs and potential loss of ATC and intercom communication. It is therefore extremely important to follow the descriptions given when installing the Avee microphone add-on and the magnet fixing the avee add-on to the headset. We have made a video showing how the installation is done on the Avee microphone add-on and you can find that here: Avee Setup Instructions.

QC35 installation

The connection between the Avee and the QC35 is very well defined and we have very few reported problems on it. When plugging in the avee add-on into the QC35, you will get a well defined ‘click’ and the add-on is kept securely in place by the magnets. Note: The clamp force on the 2.5mm audio connector alone is not enough to hold the avee securely in place. The magnets MUST be installed – and they must be installed correctly!

QC25 installation

Even if the 2.5mm audio connection on the QC25seems more sturdy than on the QC35 (based on the fact that it has a cavity for the connector housing), the QC25 audio connection is much more sensitive for a perfect fit than the QC35. The difference between a good connection and a bad connection is only 1mm. The QC25 audio connector does not have a well defined connection point and the clamp force on the 2.5mm audio connector is also fairly low. This means that the avee adhesive magnets must be used and they must be installed correctly. For the QC25 it is therefore extremely important to follow the description shown in the setup video: Avee Setup Instructions. The picture to the right shows a correctly installed magnet adhesive. If the magnet adhesive is NOT installed incorrectly, the avee add-on might come disconnected from the QC25 and that will lead to loss of audio in one or both headphone speakers. Installing the magnet adhesive incorrectly might even prevent a good connection between the avee and the QC25, so please pay attention to the installation procedure. When the magnet adhesive is correctly installed, the avee add-on is attached to the QC25 with a good audio connections – and this gives a very realiable solution. The Sony WH-1000MX3 The Sony WH-1000MX3 is using a 3.5mm connector for the audio input, and this gives a mechanically stable interface between the avee and the headset itself. In addition – the Sony audio connector has a very well defined connection point with a strong clamp force. In combination with the Avee adhesive magnets, the Sony is an extremely good platform for the Avee microphone add-on.

Avee is a technology company specializing on microphone- and Bluetooth connectivity add-ons for standard noise reduction headsets.

Around 90% of our customers are professional commercial pilots while the remaining 10% are private pilots.

How to reach us
You can reach us by email or phone and even via Facebook:

How to reach us

You can reach us by email, phone and via Facebook.
We speak French, English and Norwegian.

Nous parlons français.

  +47 22 37 67 00

[brb_collection id="9414"]
[facebook-reviews-pro page_name=Avee page_id=252813811794080 page_access_token=EAAVVPjFKgSEBAH0BnfphXjdBZCZBUVzyqUtdVzIoe9YIWMpMZAbLhdoz6BptWXID8OIbqfzZCCNxPmPaIRSTveZA2PTsgXg2Uvlfp5B16tTVBrCs8ZANvoaRspDCZBPiQ7rsYiDZBfyqLDMek4lfjOhx8UgZBoNFxXXrT1dSPzTM80wZDZD view_mode=badge_inner open_link=true nofollow_link=true show_success_api=true cache=24]

Payment by Stripe and paypal